Canada Learning Code Careers
Remote, Remote, Canada .
contract . February 1, 2023
Remote, Remote, Canada .
contract . February 1, 2023
We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, inclusive leader to join our team as a Facilitator for our Teachers Learning Code Foundations course. This course is a part-time, 10-week course designed to equip Grade 4-9 educators across Canada with the skills needed to integrate coding into their existing curriculum. You may check out the syllabus from our first cohort, but note that the content is subject to change as we continue to learn what resonates with our learner community.
This is a part time, contract role from February 1-December 31st, 2023 with the opportunity for extension.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing computer science education. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast-to-coast-to-coast to make sure that everyone in Canada has access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world.
Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through our Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code programs. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 250 communities across the country, driving impact through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has had over 775,000 learners attend an in-person or live online experience.
What Success Looks Like
- Learners are clear on course requirements, including weekly tasks
- Learners know who to go to for help and feel well-supported by their community of facilitators, mentors, and peers
- Course is tailored to each cohort's unique needs
As course facilitator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Carrying out administrative duties, such as creating Zoom links, managing enrolment and tracking attendance within the Brightspace learning environment
- Reviewing and modifying weekly asynchronous content with support from the Design & Training team to ensure it meets the unique needs of your cohort
- Collaborating with a team of co-instructors and mentors to lead weekly live sessions that give learners hands-on experience with a variety of coding tools and languages
- Communicating with learners to keep them up-to-date on weekly activities and course expectations
- Providing thoughtful feedback on discussion forum posts, teaching assignments, and reflections
- Sharing feedback on the course design with the Design & Training team to improve the experience for future cohorts
- You are a K-12 educator certified to teach in one of Canada’s provinces or territories
- You have experience designing and facilitating professional development programs for K-12 educators
- You are familiar with D2L’s Brightspace, Zoom, and Google Workspace
- You are committed to modeling and encouraging a growth mindset in your learners
- You are committed to building and maintaining inclusive, safe and cooperative learning environments
- You have experience with community management
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check
We are a remote-first organization with Team Members located across Canada. Our physical office is in Toronto (near Queen and University). Team members located in or visiting the Toronto area have the option to access or work from the office in accordance with our COVID-19 policies.
This role reports to our Manager, Learner Success.
$45 CAD/hour, up to 10 hours per week
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
Step 1: Video Call with Hiring Manager
Step 2: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 3: Offer
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)canadalearningcode(dot)ca