Canada Learning Code Careers
Bilingual Learning Facilitator
Toronto, ON, Canada .
full-time . January 6, 2023
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Bilingual Learning Facilitator (Animateur/Animatrice bilingue de formation) and deliver the magic of computer science to our learners! This role is an important part of our Community Success and Partnerships Team. The Community Success and Partnerships Team is responsible for working with partners to teach activities and programs with learners. The Community Success and Partnerships Team is the public face of the Canada Learning Code and ambassador of the work we do.
This is a full-time, salaried role. The successful candidate must be able to work 10 am-6 pm or 11 am-7 pm Eastern time.
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing computer science education. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast-to-coast-to-coast to make sure that everyone in Canada has access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world.
Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through our Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code programs. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 250 communities across the country, driving impact through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has had over 775,000 learners attend an in-person or live online experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver inspiring experiences through coding and technology education workshops across Canada
- We reach learners across the communities we strive to serve and meet diverse learning needs
- We equip and empower educators to impart computing science knowledge to their students/learners.
- We reach or exceed our team goals
- Prepare and deliver technology and computer science-related workshops and activities for adults, educators and youth learners
- Support learners by building a sense of community among learners through mentoring, coaching, facilitation and knowledge sharing
- Invest in continuous learning and development to improve delivery of workshops and content
- Contribute to initiatives that further learner engagement and provide feedback on program and workshop improvements
- Establish a safe and inclusive virtual and in person training environment for all learners
Key Accountabilities and Behaviours
Training & Facilitation
- Deliver a range of computer science learning workshops and activities
- Build own competency in different programming languages, software and tools and deepen understanding of the content developed by the organization
- Commit to continuous Improvement of facilitation and teaching skills and be able to improvise as necessary
- Accommodate and adapt to the learning needs of diverse learner audiences
- Provide learners with troubleshooting support for different programming languages, software and tools
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment for all
- Deliver experiences via a variety of roles required for instruction (instructor, producer, mentor)
- Seek feedback on workshops from learners and leverage data and insights to continuously improve CLC programs.
- Contribute as a content advisor to provide inputs from a facilitator / instructor perspective for new content, and cross functional projects
- Take an active role in the development, planning, and execution of multi-experience events
- Pilot new technology and tools to be used for program delivery
- Share learner impact across the organization through learner stories and contributing to reporting needs
- Maintain visibility and transparency on shared calendars to facilitate smooth and seamless scheduling of workshops
- Record and document feedback, FAQs that improve learner experience
- Collaborate with direct team members as well as with other CLC teams on matters related to programming, marketing, funding, and experience delivery
- You have experience in teaching adults and children (non-academic/informal or post-secondary); experience in an online environment is an asset
- You have a basic understanding of Computer Science and will be comfortable teaching the fundamentals of coding (HTML & CSS, Scratch, Glitch, WordPress)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Web Development and Design is an asset
- You are passionate about collaborative and inclusive learning environments
- You enjoy interacting with learners (adults and youth) and are passionate about inspiring and teaching
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are incredibly self-directed, a fast learner, and need little supervision and have the ability to work independently and remotely
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools. You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- You have impeccable time-management, planning and organizing skills
- You are fluent in English and French
- Must be able to clear an enhanced police information check
The successful candidate must be based in the GTA as they will lead a combination of online and in-person workshops across the GTA in Ontario. Additional travel beyond Ontario may be required from time to time.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be able to travel regularly and abide by the health and safety policies that may be in place at the time and venue.
This role reports to our Manager, Learner Success.
$55,000-$60,000 annually + benefits
*** Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
$55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year